General approach of the NATaCHAs
1. The national challenges, called NATaCHAs, must be overviewed by the newlistgroup of the B.I.G-challenge. It builds the list with the help of consultants (national group) that has to follow the methodology guide to build a national list.
2. The national challenges are based on a closed list of a multiple of 25 tops located in their country. This quote must always be under 1000. Each top can suggest maximum 4 sides but one top is only one number.
3.The amount of tops is the consequence of the work, managed through the methodology guide and must be decided in agreement with the newlist group of the B.I.G challenge according to the motivation that this amount of tops can give and compared to the amounts of tops of the other countries. This amount of tops can't be decided immediately in the start but must be the conclusion of the work.
4.The national list must include at least all the tops included in the superlist1000 of the B.I.G-challenge and located in this country, in company with a majority of other ones.
5.The general rule is based on 5 principles, on 5 ways to discover climbing by bike :
* 1st principle : (discover the country) The bigs must cover all the territory's topography
* 2nd principle : (do tourism) some bigs must help to discover natural and cultural tourism
* 3rd principle : (to fight against hard climbs) some bigs must be sport climbs but the genral overview must show a good balance between the difficulties.
* 4th principle : (imitate the professional racers) some bigs must help to discover the national cycling History
* 5th principle : (vary the pleasure) 5a) the bigs must be mainly well surfaced,only giving place to a gravelled section if this one adds an additional interest. 5b : End-roads will be selected only if there is an additional sport, touristic or mediatic interest. 5c : The tops will show various nature (passes, mounts, ski resorts, touristic spots, ...)
6.The BIG member is included in the classement of this challenge since the first claim in this national challenge's list.
7.The B.I.G challenge shows the national lists and the general classements of those national challenges in its website